The field for the 2027 All-Star Saturday 3-point contest is already shaping up to be legendary
It’s time for the NBA to recognize and treat the 3-Point Contest for what it is: the best part of All-Star Saturday. It has the star players, it has the drama and it brings it forward every year. It’s time to start closing out All-Star Saturday Night with the 3-point contest.
Next year might be the right time because the field is already starting to pile up. This year’s winner, Damian Lillard, posted a screenshot of a message he had with Stephen Curry — and Curry had already told NBC he would return to the contest next year.
Devin Booker told Duane Rankin of the Arizona Republic that he would be there for next year, but losing this year hurt him, so the one on his home court in Phoenix could be his last.
This was supposed to hit Booker hard, all he had to do was hit one of his last three moneyballs and he would have won the event, but…
For his part, Curry seems fine.
